By Susan Pickard
"With nice rigour, but an enviable lightness of contact, Susan Pickard has written a fascinating and available e-book that scholars will love."
- Rosaline Gill, urban college London
"A scholarly journey de strength that brings into concentration many of the disciplines, histories, literatures and knowledges that experience remodeled us into glossy matters of age."
- Stephen Katz, Trent University
Age Studies takes an invigorating method of the study of age and ageing in modern society. Encompassing ageing through the lifestyles path, taking in adolescence, early life, mid-life and older age, and located explicitly inside a sociological disciplinary framework, Age Studies:
- Explores present social technology debates at the learn of growing older linking those to middle sociological concepts.
- Links idea and alertness, utilizing numerous examples and overseas case studies
- Includes bankruptcy summaries, additional studying and guided questions.
A thought-provoking significant other to complex undergraduates and postgraduate pupil learning ageing, older humans, social gerontology and comparable courses.
Read or Download Age Studies: A Sociological Examination of How We Age and are Aged through the Life Course PDF
Similar gerontology books
Even if little or no will be performed to change the process dementia, a lot will be performed to maximise the standard of lifetime of individuals with the . examine in addition to sensible event recommend that habit administration, specifically via courses that offer significant and positive task, is presently the simplest therapy.
A serious overview of study and mirrored image within the region of dying, with exact emphasis on dying schooling. Thought-provoking, usually debatable studies of and reactions to the present basic area of loss of life phenomena--specifically demise education--are addressed during this e-book. the writer, skeptical that we will do greatly with the phenomenon of loss of life and demise, particularly relating to our efforts at addressing it educationally, explores the philosophical, mental, socio-cultural, and theoretical facets and increases severe questions that may problem proponents of demise schooling.
6th variation A Doody’s middle name! this is often an outstanding instrument for an individual getting ready to take the nationwide licensing examination or a present authorized administrator desiring an outstanding evaluate. ” rating: ninety three, four Stars -- Doody’s clinical stories for the 6th variation The 7th variation of this vintage evaluation consultant for nursing domestic management licensure is revised and up-to-date to mirror new info as lately mandated for the federally required nationwide examination.
This well timed booklet, a part of the growing older in a world Context sequence, addresses the distance in wisdom approximately overdue existence repartnering and gives a complete map of the altering panorama of past due existence intimacy.
- Aging Nation: The Economics and Politics of Growing Older in America
- Journeys in Sociology: From First Encounters to Fulfilling Retirements
- Savoring Alternative Food: School gardens, healthy eating and visceral difference (Routledge Studies in Food, Society and the Environment)
- Ageing (Key Concepts)
- Handbook of the Aging Brain
- Sozialarbeit und Demenz - Konzeptionelle Rahmenüberlegungen zur Schaffung eines Pflegezentrums für Demenzkranke (German Edition)
Additional info for Age Studies: A Sociological Examination of How We Age and are Aged through the Life Course
Age Studies: A Sociological Examination of How We Age and are Aged through the Life Course by Susan Pickard