By Benjamin A. Elman
Read or Download A Cultural History of Modern Science in China (New Histories of Science, Technology, and Medicine) PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
The graceful functioning of an ordered society will depend on the ownership of a way of regularising its actions through the years. that suggests is a calendar, and its regularity is a functionality of ways good it types the roughly commonplace activities of the celestial our bodies - of the moon, the sunlight or the celebs.
The assumption of the earth as a vessel in house got here of age in an period formed via area trip and the chilly struggle. Höhler’s learn brings jointly know-how, technology and ecology to discover the best way this latter-day ark was once invoked by means of politicians, environmentalists, cultural historians, writers of technology fiction and so forth throughout 3 a long time.
A falling apple encouraged the legislations of gravity—or so the tale is going. Is it real? possibly no longer. yet why do such tales undergo as causes of ways technology occurs? Newton’s Apple and different Myths approximately technology brushes away well known misconceptions to supply a clearer photograph of clinical breakthroughs from precedent days to the current.
A historical past of technological know-how in Society is a concise assessment that introduces advanced principles in a non-technical type. Ede and Cormack hint the background of the altering position of technological know-how in society and discover the hyperlink among the pursuit of information and the will to make that wisdom valuable. quantity II covers from the clinical Revolution until eventually the current day.
- Interpreting Physics: Language and the Classical/Quantum Divide: 289 (Boston Studies in the Philosophy and History of Science)
- Clinical Lectures on the Diseases of Old Age
- Technology and Science in the People's Republic of China: An Introduction (Pergamon international library of science, technology, engineering, and social studies)
- Wild Flowers
- Our Existence Part 1 : The Nature and Origin of Physical Reality: A straightforward and impartial guide to the science and philosophy of our physical environment
- Mobilizing Science: Movements, Participation, and the Remaking of Knowledge
Additional resources for A Cultural History of Modern Science in China (New Histories of Science, Technology, and Medicine)
A Cultural History of Modern Science in China (New Histories of Science, Technology, and Medicine) by Benjamin A. Elman